Monday, March 2, 2009

NETS*T2 Cont...

As a culminating activity for my students, I have decided to have them create board games using Smart Notebook 10. They will address all of the 7th Grade Math Standards following a guideline that I will provide. This project aligns with NETS*T2b in that the students will be working collaboratively and actively participating in their own learning.

I am still in the process of creating my requirements for the project, but I do know that the students will need a certain number of questions from each standard in their game. They will also be required to create their OWN questions, which will allow the students to not only review the material but to diversify their questions based on skill level. I am thinking of having my gifted students either create harder questions or more questions per standard. I think I am going to use the tutorial that I linked to my blog last week as a introduction as how to create the game board. However, I am in the process of creating my own step-by-step tutorial on Word....Thanks to Kelly!!! Also, Jim showed us how to create a live tutorial using Smart Notebook where you can record your voice and show what you are doing on the computer. If time allows, I am going to attempt that as well!

When the students have completed their games, I am either going to have the students play each others' in the lab or all together as a class in my room. One of the things I really like about this project is that it allows the students to "pursue their individual curiosities", as stated in NETS*T2c. I think the students will really enjoy being able to create something so neat, and I think they will take responsibility and ownership of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment