Sunday, April 19, 2009

NETS- T4 Last Blog!?

Well, I have to say that at the beginning of this class, I was a little shocked by all of the ways to use technology, not only in me classroom, but in life. I have learned so many useful tools that I would have otherwise thought could not be used in math class. However, I have found that even Wikispaces is something I could use for exploratory projects for even having the students respond to complicated real-world and complicated word problems. Due to the lack of time I seem to have left this school year to fit everything in, I think this is something I would like to try next year. Knowing that Linda from the middle school and Jim V. are always here to answer my questions soothes some of the fears.

Looking at this standard, indicator c- "promote and model digtial ettiquite of all learners by using learner-centered stratgies and providing equitable access to appropriate tools and resources" really hits home. While researching learner- centered technology I came accross Using Wikis in Math Class which lists and describes some of the ways of using Wikis that mentioned above. One way that I had not though of using wikis was to have students create an online glossary of terms by researching the topic online, finding real-world applications of it, and even embedding applicable videos that can be shown to the class. This way, students could comment on the terms and even provide their own input and questions on the topic.

On this same note of "student- centered learning," I will be starting my Smart Notebook project tomorrow, so I hope it goes well!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    Good luck with your Smart Notebook project. I impressed that you might use Wikis in your class. I'm still not a fan of Wikis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    Yay for you! You found a way to use Wikis in your classroom. Hooray!! If you ever need any help, please let me know. You are quite adventurous with your technology implementation, and it's quite impressive!! :)

    PS: We missed you tonight!! Feel better soon! :(

    ReplyDelete